Mon, Nov 07|
King of Prussia
Jeans Techniques with Bonus
Learn the Details to Make Your Jeans Look Like Ready-To-Wear! Monday, November 7, 10am-5pm
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2022, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
King of Prussia, 314 S Henderson Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
About the event
Does the thought of all the details on jeans prevent you from making them? How about making samples first? What better way to perfect all the intricacies of jean making before actually making them! Join Pamela to learn all her tricks and tips for flawless jeans detailing. From front and back pockets, to the best fly front zipper ever, to waistband and buttonholes, threads and topstitching, and smooth hems. This sample-based class will give you the confidence to create your own jeans without fear.
Kit Fee: Includes fabrics and most notions $30 payable to Pamela at the class.
Bonus!!! Jeans Try-On - Get a Personalized Fit Evaluation with Pamela’s Pattern #125 All Things Jeans!
We should be finished with the techniques by 3pm. Stay another hour or two and try on samples from Pamela’s new jeans pattern (available in December). She will give you an evaluation of size and pattern alterations to give you a head start on making your well-fitting jeans when the pattern is available!
Here's what you will need for the class:
· Zipper – and nylon coil zipper, 12” or longer. Color doesn’t matter – because - we are making samples!
· Heavy thread for topstitiching: Mettler jeans thread, Gutterman jeans thread, Gutterman Mara thread, buttonhole thread, etc. If you don’t have any, don’t worry! Just pick two contrasting color thread for your topstitching (remember, just samples!). Running two threads through one needle can give the same effect.
· Regular thread – navy blue
· ½ yard quilting cotton (or larger scraps)
· Open toe foot and zipper foot
· Basic sewing supplies
· Fray Check
· Buttonhole cutter or small sharp scissors
· Fabric chalk marker *Pamela says – I recently found this wonderful chalk pencil, Sewline Fabric Pencil with white lead. It works great on denim!
· Fit and Sew Custom Jeans book by Helen Bartley for Palmer/Pletsch
· Sewing machine (threaded with navy thread)
**We will have a couple serger set up in the classroom
Let me know if you have any questions!
Jeans Techniques$85.00Sold Out
This event is sold out