Mon, Jan 18|
314 S Henderson Rd
Ironing Board Cover and Organizer Serger Club - Monday
It is so quick and easy to make your own, and they will be more durable too!
Time & Location
Jan 18, 2021, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
314 S Henderson Rd, 314 S Henderson Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
About the event
I love an ironing board cover that looks nice – pretty fabric and no rips or stains. But when you sew a lot, the store bought covers are expensive and don’t last long. It is so quick and easy to make your own, and they will be more durable too! We’ll learn how to create a custom pattern and how to use the Elastic Accessory Foot for a professional elastic application. Then we’ll create a handy organizer that will hold all the items you need when sewing, such as scissors, small ruler and press cloth. We’ll create a fast trim, learn how to leave a smooth opening for turning and learn wrapped corners.
Make your Pattern
Every ironing board is a different, and we want yours to fit! You will need to make a pattern for your cover. I use medical table paper on a roll to make the pattern.
· Lay a piece of the paper on top of the ironing board and mark the perimeter (It doesn’t have to be perfect!)
· Add 2” all around
Fabric - Please cut the fabric prior to class
Quilting fabric is a good choice for the ironing board cover, but a lighter weight home dec fabric is even better. You will need approximately 1 ¾ yds. Cut the ironing board cover fabric from your pattern.
There will be enough fabric left over for the organizer, but feel free to mix in some other fabrics for contrast. Measure the width of the back end of the ironing board. Add 12” to that measurement (ex: board width – 14” + 12” = 26”). For the organizer, cut the following pieces:
· Cut 2 - length from description above, and 7” wide (ex: 26” X 7”) * base
· Cut 4 – 4” X 7” *pockets
· Cut 1 – 2” X 18” *pocket binding
· Cut 1 – 30” X 3” *stitching sample
· Have your serger threaded for a 4-thread serge stitch with blending serger thread
· 2 ½ yds Fantastic Elastic (available at class)
· Point Turner
· Elastic Foot attachment. We will have these available for you to borrow if you don’t own it.
· Basic serger supplies
Ironing Board Cover$40.00